Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Zoo lights

Our second attempt at going to see the lights at the Stone Zoo was successful. Our first attempt was not pretty. We were horribly late because of the hat Jackson is wearing in this picture. I ordered it at the beginning of November from Sears.com for store pick-up. It had been a month and I hadn't gotten any notification of it arriving. So I called the 800 number in my order confirmation email. They said it was delivered to the store on the 22nd of november. I went to the store to pick it up. Meanwhile Chris and the kids were at home waiting for me to get there so we could go to the zoo. The guy at customer pick-up had no record of the order. I was there for 45 minutes while I went back and forth with him and a manager. Finally they came out with the hat. By the time I got home and we got the kids in the car and we drove to the zoo there was only 20 minutes until it closed. We didn't want to pay $20 to get in for only 20 minutes. We had to wrestle two HYSTERICALLY screaming 3.75 year olds back into their car seats. Maddie eventually calmed down but Jackson was crying so hard he was gagging. We had to promise ice cream which worked to some degree but Jackson was still crying. We told him he had to stop crying before he could have ice cream and his sobbed, "I don't know how!" I felt so bad that they were so upset. Once we got ice cream they were all happy. It was so exhausting though.

So anyway, we did eventually make it and it was fun. Although Jackson did cry again when it was time to leave.


The rides were $2 each and times two we had to seriously limit the rides!
IMG_1680

IMG_1684

IMG_1697

IMG_1700

they really had no interest in seeing the lights or any of the animals that were there.
IMG_1707

IMG_1708

They decided to walk around like this. So cute!
IMG_1709

Not sure we'll do this again. It's so cold out that you don't really want to spend that much time there anyway. I'm glad we did it once though.

No comments: