Friday, September 26, 2008

Wedding 4 of 4: Mike and Kristen - Part I

The wedding was great but for me it was quite stressful.  I had a ton of time to get the kids ready before we had to be at the church but somehow I ended up running late (Chris had left earlier to be with the wedding party).  



My mom was there to help me which was awesome because I literally couldn't have done it without her.  As soon as Chris walked down the aisle Madison flipped out and started screaming!  My mom whisked her out and missed the entire wedding.  Somehow Jackson didn't see him but he wanted nothing to do with sitting on the bench or being held.  He kept screeching until I let him down.  I was able to get up and do my reading which I sight read and ended up calling myself a MAN but handled it well and ended up getting a laugh.  When I sat back down Jackson saw Chris and flipped out.  So I had to leave with him and miss the wedding.




Once we got to the reception site things got even worse.  They were ok for a little while in the highchairs eating bread and crackers, but once the music started all they did was scream.  It was awful!  My mom and I couldn't eat and the kids didn't want anyone but me or Chris.  I even missed all but the first very funny joke of Chris's best man speech.  I was walking around outside with a hysterical Jackson.  When I came back in everyone was RAVING about his speech and it was all I could do to hold back the tears because I was so upset that I missed it.  There was no video :-(



They eventually warmed up and tore up the dance floor while everyone aw-ed.  Someone gave them napkins and the were whipping them around.



Jackson fell by accident then Madison decided to throw herself down on the ground too.





Yummy cake!

After dessert, my mom drove them back to our house to put them to bed.  She stayed there until we got home around 12:30.  Thanks mom!  I literally couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

I'm so sorry you missed the speech and the fun! However, I have to say that your kids looked frickin' adorable!!! That red sash on Madison's dress. OMG!