Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008

The twins and I went to my parents' house in the morning to spend the day there getting ready for the family to arrive for dinner.  M&J took a good nap in the afternoon so they were ready to entertain for the evening.  Mom's speghetti and meatballs was delicious as usual and the holiday poppers were fun.


Madison decided she was going to say all kinds of new words that night.  She said high chair with no prompting.  She finally said "gammy" for grandma after Nana was bragging that Madison could say Nana but not Grandma.  She also said Bob for my dad.
 


The table all set for dinner.




My Aunt Judy bought them a magnadoodle and Madison is in love with it.

After dinner and dessert at my parents' house at 9:30pm we went to Uncle Matt's (Jackson's Godfather) like we have done every Christmas Eve.  They have family over all day and evening and by the time we get there everyone is gone so we get them all to ourselves.  M&J were definitely tired but they did so well playing with toys.  Madison found all of the matchbox cars and lined them up on the couch but would totally melt down if Jackson tried to take one.

Matt took a family picture for us!




The kids would NOT sit with Matt and Stacy without crying so Chris had to hold Jackson.


We left there at 11:00 and the kids obviously fell asleep on the way home.  I managed to keep Jackson asleep on my shoulder getting him out of the car and into the house.  It felt so good to have him asleep on me that I just plopped on the couch with him and shut my eyes.  I didn't have the heart to attempt to change him for bed.


Eventually I had to.  He woke up as I moved him but as soon as he laid back down he fell asleep again.




1 comment:

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Awwww! I love all of these. I love to hear of the differences between M and J!