Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Day 17 (31 weeks)


Today my friend Michelle came by for another visit. She works at MGH so it's good of her to come over on her lunch hour. It's also nice to see her because she is 2 weeks ahead of me in pregnancy so we get to chat about the woes and joys. If she comes to visit again I really should get a picture of the two of us to compare our bellies.

I was tragically injured in the shower this morning. I dropped the shower head and it landed on my baby toe. It actually really hurt but the pain went away. When I got off and was drying myself off there was blood all over the towel!! I was a little scared and couldn't find where I was bleeding from. I eventually discovered it was myy toe bleeding like crazy! There's a pretty good slice in it. Leave it to me to get injured in the shower.

I actually had kind of a rough day. I was waiting ALL day for someone to come get me to bring me to have an ultrasound. I was so looking forward to it, not to mention just getting out of the room. I kept asking when I was going and the nurses kept saying they didn't know that they just had to wait. They said that they took people until 6:00pm so at 5:00 I made sure I asked again. They said they'd look into it and at 5:45 the nurse came in and told me they closed down at 4:00 for some reason today. I was NOT happy! It was such a dissapointment and I totally cried.

Things have been starting to get to me anyway...the monotony of my daily schedule, room service arguing with me when I try to order my meal, room service messing up my order, the constant baby heartbeat checks that sometimes take a half hour to get because they're moving around so much, being woken up in the middle of the night to take medication, residents coming to my room at 6am and asking me the same questions over and over again (if something was different I would certainly let someone know!!!), the nurses trying to be social and chat with me especially when I'm trying to watch something on tv or on the computer (which sounds cruel to be annoyed by, but sometimes I just don't feel like chatting), stabbing myself with a needle after every meal to check my blood sugar, being stabbed by the nurse three times a day to get insulin, eating the same food over and over again (at least it tastes good). I guess that's about it for now. Sorry, just had to get some things off my chest...it's been building for some time now.

Chris was here with me. He was going to leave at 9:30 so he could be home by 10 so he could watch Lost. So he left the room and I started crying. He happened to come back for one more kiss and he found me crying. He ended up staying and watching Lost with me. I didn't want him to get home so late but of course I wanted him to stay with me. He has a whole other life in work that he needs to deal with and I feel so bad making him worry about me. He's got enough on his plate.

So, I've reached another milestone (basically every day is a milestone just being able to keep these two in my belly) getting to 31 weeks.

Throughout my pregnancy everyone has said these welcomed 7 words to me, "You don't even look pregnant from behind!" Well, at 31 weeks pregnant with twins I got that lovely comment again. Since I can't see myself from behind I had Chris take a picture. Lucky for me I think they're right! :-)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Honestly, I don't know how you've managed to do so well in the hospital for 17 days. You totally inspire me. I was a total bitch for the 3-4 days I was in last week. I could completely relate to your paragraph detailing everything that sucks about being in the hospital...especially all the blood testing and insulin shots. Just hang in there! Focus on the finish line. :)

Kerry Lynn said...

Thanks Shannon. For the most part I am doing just fine...just had a rough day yesterday. I think it was the cancelled cervix check that sent me into a tailspin.
I am glad you are home!