Thursday, February 01, 2007

Day 11

Last night when I went to bed I noticed that my eyes were feeling strange...hard to focus and kind of lazy. I figured I was just tired and needed some sleep. When I woke up they still felt the same. The nurses are always asking if my vision is changing so I figured I should say something. I mentioned it and at the same moment my dr came in so we discussed it and she said if it got worse to let her know and they would decrease the magnesium. Throughout the day it never really got worse but I also developed a headache and started to feel groggy and yucky. The nurse paged the dr on call who happenes to be the dr that trained my dr so I trust his decisions like I trust hers. At 7:30pm they disconnected my IV. I am now on my own. The mag will take a good 6 hours or so to get out of my system. I feel like they pushed me off a cliff and there is no net to catch me. I'm very scared. They said that it's possible that it wasn't necessarily the mag that was keeping my contractions down so i could just stay the same. They also said that if the contractions come back I may be able to go back on it after a break. All I can do is lay here and wait...not very comforting. It actually feels really strange to not be tied to the iv pole.

On a brigher note, I met with the other ladies on the floor today who are also here on bedrest. All of us that were there last week were still there this week so that's good. It's funny to get together with them cause we all have the same gripes so we all have a good laugh. I also had a visit from my friend Michelle today. She is two weeks ahead of me in pregnancy and it's so funny to see how much bigger I am than she is (she's only having one). She looks great and we had a nice long visit but then she needed to get back to work.

No comments: